I chose Animas high school for many reasons, i came from a small town with a even smaller school so i knew the experience. I have heard many great things from Animas, and how the education is different than other schools. I have been working on something different in my life and Animas was the perfect opportunity. Animas does a lot of Group projects and that is something i'm good at. Also, the programs Animas has are different, and different is what i'm looking for. My old school was nothing but negativity, judgment and hatred. I walked into Animas for the first time as new student and all i saw was smiles, and all i heard was laughter. I ended up having welcoming teachers that i've never had before, I also have more friends and way more positivity. I have always been interested in music, writing and photography. My previous school had a negative music class, and no singing class. I also could not do anything i wanted with photography. The writing was what they wanted to hear, they didn't like deep, they didn’t like your writing to be out there, they loved basic. And that’s why i chose Animas.
Question to Ponder-
- I started off at a school that didn’t accept me. I was put into situations that caused me to be isolated from others, I stayed in my room hiding from the world around me. My school wasn’t going well for me, I started going through some out of school issues that affected my grades, and my learning ability drastically. I switched schools and changed immediately, I brightened up and started to develop self love, with the friends that i had around me my mental state started to improve
- Through a positive mental change, I was able to create a hero's journey puzzle piece that i got attached to. I agreed with the transforming and It really spoke to me, so my effort on the project was higher than expected. When i previously did projects in my other school, I slacked really hard, and normally didn’t get a good grade because I didn't care about it. So effort and an A+ on a project is huge for me.
- I started to create something, something that could change another human's perspective on the world. In my speech I wrote about the good and bad, and how everything comes out with a positive outcome, it took me a couple weeks to write something that I was proud of. With the fear of everyone judging me, and my phobia of public speaking, I thought it was going to hold me back. I had opened my eyes to the fact that Animas was open to the idea of something deep occuring in someone’s life.
- In my life, I have gone through mental and physical struggles that i didn’t think id get through. Happiness has always been a huge issue for me since I was a kid, and I forgot what it was like to be happy. When I came to Animas i felt so much weight lifted off my shoulders, It was the first time in years that I could confidently say I was okay. It’s such a huge accomplishment for me to be happy with myself, my school work and everything else I do.
- I get stressed out really easily, I tend to not be able to breathe well, my chest starts to hurt, I start to pace, and I overthink way too much. I feel like if I didnt stress out to the point where I wanna give up, I could be so much better.
- Drama is something I could work on, since I haven’t had many friends in my past, I try to be nice and friendly to everyone, but like every normal highschool student, I get involved in drama that i try to stay out of, but i'll admit it's difficult. I have lost friends, made friends and fixed several friendships.
Question to Ponder-
- In my life, I have always asked myself “what happens next?” and it used to scare me so much. I tried to figure out my whole future, the rest of my life in 30 seconds, because I really don't like surprises. I used to sit there, think about it and cry because I didn’t want to disappoint others, I didn’t wanna disappoint myself, I just wanted to be proud of who i was. It took me months but after coming to Animas i realized what I wanna do, who i wanna be, and how i wanna do it. I have many goals set that i will strive for and make happen, because if something matters to me, it will work out in the end.